The Geoff Tate-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE have launched a new contest here in tandem with the release of their new album, Frequency Unknown, which was issued on April 23rd:
“Do you really hate Frequency Unknown, the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of Queensrÿche? Have you already blogged about it online? Well, metal geeks, if you’ve got the balls to stand behind your opinion, then here is the contest for you.
Stop hiding behind your computer keyboards and smart phones and show Tate and his record label, Deadline Music/Cleopatra Records, how much you hate Frequency Unknown by submitting your video rant to them via YouTube video. Start by giving them your real name on camera and proceed to rant away. Geoff Tate will film himself choosing the best video rant and will post online for your enjoyment. The winner will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle, Washington to see Queensrÿche in their hometown on June 29th, along with VIP special guest seating, meet-and-greet passes for after the show and a merchandise package worth $250 that he or she can feel free to either burn — or wear in style!”
1) Video rants must be submitted via YouTube and contestant must state on camera before beginning the rant: “My name is (real first and last name per ID and/or passport) and this is my video submission for the Queensrÿche “best rant” contest — or video will not be considered.
2) All video submissions must include a link to: www.cleorecs.com or video will not be considered.
3) Please limit your rants to the music and production of the album Frequency Unknown. Personal attacks/personal threats on Queensrÿche band members and family members will not be tolerated. Any video submissions that cross the line will be denied and possibly reported to YouTube for violation of YouTube policies (seriously — wives and children are off limits!)
4) Content of the video rant must be limited to the Queensrÿche Frequency Unknown album as released by Deadline Music/Cleopatra Records on April 23, 2013 and not on any previously released Queensrÿche or Geoff Tate solo albums.
5) Contest limited to ages 18 and up only.
6) Deadline for submissions is May 10, 2013.
7) Runners-up will receive free “goodie bag” from Queensrÿche and Cleopatra Records Inc.
8) Contest limited to U.S. residents only
9) Employees of Cleopatra Records, E1 Entertainment or its business partners are not eligible.
Deadline Music/Cleopatra Records are offering new and improved mixes of the Geoff Tate-fronted version of Queensrÿche’s new album, Frequency Unknown.
Customers who purchased the original mix version and are dissatisfied with the audio can e-mail the label a scan of your actual receipt for the physical CD to Queensryche@cleorecs.com and they will send you a replacement disc at no charge. No questions asked.
Frequency Unknown features the following tracklisting:
‘When Lightning Strikes’
‘Life Without You’
‘In The Hands Of God’
‘The Weight Of The World’
Bonus Tracks: (2013 Versions)
‘Jet City Woman’
‘I Don t Believe In Love’
Frequency Unknown features Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE), guitarist Kelly Gray (Queensrÿche 1998 – 2001), keyboardist Randy Gane, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE), drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO) and guest appearances by K.K. Downing (ex-JUDAS PRIEST), Brad Gillis (NIGHT RANGER), Dave Meniketti (Y&T), Ty Tabor (KING’S X), Bobby Blotzer (RATT), Craig Locicero (FORBIDDEN, SPIRALARMS) and Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, Forbidden).